In this program, you will learn how to teach your children how to have helpful, compassionate, and motivating relationships with themselves no matter what challenges they face.
Monday nights 7:30-9:00pm ET
Starts March 2, 2020
6 online classes
Twice-exceptional kids often struggle with self-acceptance, frustration, anxiety, depression, and other difficult mental and emotional states as a result of the complexity of being bright with challenges. They are smart enough to see what they could accomplish if they weren’t also dealing with their powerful limitations. They need tools to deal with this frustration.
As a parent, you want them to succeed at the big tasks of life. You want them to have friends, do well enough in school to have employment choices later, and find as much happiness as possible. You are probably dealing with your own anxiety and fear of failure.
In this program, you will learn tools that will help your children have helpful, compassionate, and motivating relationships with themselves and an approach to supporting your children that reduces your anxiety and thereby helps them self-regulate.
In this 6 week course, you will learn:
- A coaching approach to working with your children that will help them use their strengths effectively, develop their confidence, and see themselves as resourceful and competent learners rather than as broken.
- Tools and techniques that you can use for yourself and with your children.
- Methods for teaching the tools and techniques to your kids.
- Tools for conquering self-doubt and perfectionism.
- Techniques for developing self-compassion.
- Ways to cope with frustration, fear of failure, fear of rejection, and anxiety.
- An approach to reward systems that increases your child’s inner motivation.
The Inner Game for Twice-Exceptional Kids meets online using Zoom.
Details on how to join the class will be sent to all registrants after registration.